I'm Kari Schneider founder of the Empowered.
I am a coach and have empowered leaders to their next level via self-mastery for over 25 years. I am a mom to 5, a wife, an athlete, and have been an entrepreneur for over 15 years.More about me...
I'm Paul Duerden.
Director of Operations
Paul brings a wealth of worldly experience to the Empowered Team. In his first career Paul represented Canada for 15 years on the Men's National Volleyball Team. When he wasn’t playing for his country, he played professionally for some of the best clubs in Europe (Belgium, Germany, France & Turkey). After 14 seasons overseas, it was a return to Canada to be closer to his three boys, and build a blended family with Kari, step daughter Rayna, and the new arrival Maeve.
It was at this time that the slide began. After being focused on volleyball for over 20 years Paul struggled with the loss of identity that leaving professional sport created. Through the first five years back in Canada he felt lost and drew little satisfaction from his "new career" other than commentating volleyball for CBC and Sportsnet each year. Thanks to the support of Kari he began to work on his mindset - working through various Landmark programs, and Tony Robbins events. Combined with Kari’s coaching on a day to day basis the results have been amazing.
Over the last few years Paul has flourished leading the sales team for a successful software company, obtained his pilot’s license, continues to broadcast for CBC, and feels more connected to friends, family, and most importantly the love of his life Kari - every single day. Paul uses his successes and struggles to help others breakthrough in the Empowered programs, and loves leading the members of the Empowered Team.
Degrees and other Stuff
- Honours Degree in Kinesiology- University of Northern Colorado & University of Manitoba
- Masters of Science Degree in Biomechanics (specializing in Lumbar Spine Kinematics)
- Certified Exercise Physiologist- Canadian Society of Exercise Physiology
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist- National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Certified Athletic Therapist- Canadian Athletic Therapist Association
- Introduction Leader- Landmark
- Platinum Partner- Tony Robbins
- Life Coach- The Life Coach School
- Manager of Strength and Conditioning- Canadian Sport Institute Manitoba (8 Years)
- Head Strength Coach- Men's and Women's National Volleyball Teams (8 years)
- Assistant Strength Coach - Women's National Hockey Team to an Olympic Gold Medal in Sochi (3 years)
- Founder the Empowered- Gym and Online Coaching (16 years)
- Rehabilitation Specialist - Arkas Sport Club Turkey (1 year)
- Mindset & Wellness Contracts/ Workshops/ Presentations- Automotive, Finance, Health Care, Food, Tech Start up Sectors
- Life and Physical Coaching hundreds of high achievers to next level goals
- My blended family of 5 and my wonderful husband Paul
- Traveling and exploring new places
- Holistic Wellness/essential oils
- Racing/ Lifting/ Running/ Training with intention
- All things Nature- hikes, forest, ocean, mountains
- Learning new things- Spanish, Neurology, Behaviour Change
- Research- Heart Rate Variability, Biomechanics
- Animals- especially dogs
- Amazing Restaurants
- Business Growth & Networking
- Sports of all sorts
- and most of all Coaching & Transformation!